Happy Groundhog Day!
It's Groundhog Day!Official word says that Punxsutawney Phil DID see his shadow this morning, meaning 6 more weeks of winter. However, the forcasted high today for my part of the world is 80 degrees and sunny. I think Phil is having some trouble. I seriously don't see 6 more weeks of winter coming our way - at least not here in central Texas.
But whatever, it's no serious matter for me. The fact still remains that it is February 2nd. And because of that I am showing the movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray, to my students. This is a tradition of mine which I really enjoy. It makes for a fun couple of days and a good lesson about American culture, as well as the concept of deja vu. And as repetitive as the movie is, and the fact that I've watched it every February 2nd for who knows how many years, it still never gets old.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home