Sunday, June 24, 2007

sabbath

sabbath is taking a day a week to remind myself that i did not make the world and that it will continue to exist without my efforts.

sabbath is a day when my work is done, even if it isn't.

sabbath is a day when my job is to enjoy. period.

sabbath is a day when i am fully available to myself and those i love most.

sabbath is a day when i remember that when God made the world, he saw that it was good.

sabbath is a day when i produce nothing.

sabbath is a day when i remind myself that i am not a machine.

sabbath is a day when at the end i say, "i didn't do anything today," and i don't add, "and i fell so guilty."

sabbath is a day when my phone is turned off, i don't check my email, and you can't get a hold of me.

Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell p. 117-118

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger hlw said...

Thanks for the comment(s) on my blog! I emailed you...and I think I had the right address? Anyway - I'll keep those travel plans in mind!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home