Thursday, July 31, 2008

one year ago today

i was sitting on a plane. i woke up to a quiet MAK house, as most of the staff and interns had headed out on grand adventures of which i was unable to take part since my return trip had already been set for months. they were headed to haiti. i was headed to texas. all of us were headed to a country different than our current residence. all of us were headed to another adventure.

though living in texas isn't quite as, well, dominican, it is an adventure in itself. i really can't believe a whole year has passed. and i can't quite grasp all of the ways the Lord has provided for me since my return.

a great job using my degrees
great co-workers
once again being closer to family
a great roommate
wonderful friends
amazing church with an amazing community group

and the blessings not directly related to me, but which show the glory of God in this world:

new relationships
engagements/marriages
babies (birth or adoption)
new jobs
new homes
life

Can't Get Away
Rush of Fools

I am an arrow, I am a rocket
I am a river and nothing can stop it
Cause You are the target and You are the atmosphere
You are the ocean that keeps pulling me, You're pulling me here

And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You

I am a beggar, You are the table
I am so helpless, God You are so able
And when I get turned around You change my direction
You're so perfect, I'm so broken, here You come with arms wide open
Chasing after me down every road
You're always waiting there

Even when I close my eyes, I can't help but see
There's no place that I can hide, You're such a part of me
I can't get away cause I keep running into You
I can't get away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home